Good investment or Bad investment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gazwaz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello

I have a 40g reef with 60lbs LR and 20lbs LS. I have a 10g HOB refugium and wet/dry plus skimmer on that.

i still face the need for weekly 15 percent water changes.

Would i still need to invest in an overflow system attached to a sump with a return pump?

If so, i have read that rubble is a good idea?

I want a media that is more self sustainable, i dont want to keep doing changes

A sump is always a good idea. However, if you dont have the time or money it can be a good project for down the road. IMO a sump is a necessity on larger tanks -but for smaller ones they are just a great addition! For example, i dont have a sump on my 66 gallon reef and everything does fine. But if you can add a sump..go for it. It can only help

Gboy66 said:
A sump is always a good idea. However, if you dont have the time or money it can be a good project for down the road. IMO a sump is a necessity on larger tanks -but for smaller ones they are just a great addition! For example, i dont have a sump on my 66 gallon reef and everything does fine. But if you can add a sump..go for it. It can only help

Cool thanks! What do you use instead of the sump on your 66g?

I want to know the best option

I use a Aquatop canister filter on my 90. It has 4 trays for media of our choice, plus a uv sterilizer build built in as a added bonus. Been using it for3 months and its doing the job just fine.

Gazwaz said:
Cool thanks! What do you use instead of the sump on your 66g?

I want to know the best option

Ive got a red sea prism skimmer, media, and carbon. I do water changes every week. Its an RSM 250 so i dont have a choice as to wether ir not i want a sump really

Back
Top Bottom