good live plant for newb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noah12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi everyone I was just wondering what a good live plant for a newb would be? BTW I have a 20 gal tank

I could go into detail about lighting, CO2, and fertilizers, but I will leave that up to you to research if you develop an interest in plants. Generally, good beginner plants are:

Cryptocoryne
Java Fern
Anubias
Anacharis
Elodea

these are all generally pretty hardy and can survive in most conditions.

:)

Thanks and I've been researching about plants and lighting and co2 and everything and something that popped up alot on alot of sites is hornwort is that a good plant? thanks :)

It's easy I'm just not a fan of it as it can be quite messy if it decides to start dropping all those fine leaves. Anacharis IMO is a better choice.

Thanks and I've been researching about plants and lighting and co2 and everything and something that popped up alot on alot of sites is hornwort is that a good plant? thanks :)

IMO it can be trickier as it requires higher lighting, or it will drop all it's "needles"

It's easy I'm just not a fan of it as it can be quite messy if it decides to start dropping all those fine leaves. Anacharis IMO is a better choice.

ok where can I get anacharis? pet smart big als? I don't really want to order Anything online right now.

Do you have any local fish stores? If so you could call and ask if they have it or can order some.

Back
Top Bottom