Good or Bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, these things have been in the tank for a while now and no idea if they are good or bad. I originally thought they were aiptasia. So I pulled out the needle and pumped the stocks with lemon juice. 3 days later, they started growing back. So I shot them up again and they just came back again. So I started to wonder if these are aiptasia. I just left them alone for a while and let them grow to see what happens.

What do you guys think it is?

ViBap.jpg

Love your zoas but I have a feeling they're majano anemones. Pretty much like aiptasia in that you don't want them and they spread fast

Love your zoas but I have a feeling they're majano anemones. Pretty much like aiptasia in that you don't want them and they spread fast

Wait until you see the whole tank, it's all zoas and no visible rock, except that little portion in that ID picture. Ill post pictures in the Showcase section when I get time.

I think you right. Also, When I touch them, they squeeze them selves into the rock, unlike my zoas.

Sounds like them then.. Begin the battle plan as you did for the little aips!

And I would definitely like to see your tank! I definitely dig zoas!

Can you tell me what kind of camera you used for that picture? It looks really crisp and focused.

Sadial said:
Can you tell me what kind of camera you used for that picture? It looks really crisp and focused.

IPhone 4. Usually pictures don't come out great like the one in that pic. It's because the fish tank light made all the difference.

Funny they arent stinging your palys or zoas ?how many diff kind of zoa colonies you have i have 4 and really like them under the actinic lights the green ones especially i only buy the really vibrant ones wen my lfs gets them cant wait till i have 20 diff types sure love them you should post some pics of yours? I find with my I4 about 4 shots to get a nice clear one. The pic is my latest paid 10$ for it :)

Attachments

• image-1777079822.jpg
    image-1777079822.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 97
Good. I'm not sure by the color but it looks like a green bubble tip to me.

Are these mojano's tougher to kill than most nems? Or is it something that would die quickly without the right care?

They are harder than aiptasia to kill. I have a few that keep reproducing and they are hard to get to about all I do is damage control until they move out so I can get them all.

While surfing I found this and if I can get to the area where mine are I am going to try it.
Majority of mine were on rocks & I tried Kalk paste that killed everything I put it on. Then a week or so latter I would see a a small green speck waving at me...DARN!!!!. I injected with diluted iodine & even kalk with no luck. Then just surfing threads someone mentioned putting a pice of LR or a shell over the Majano. Then when it moves on top on the LR/shell(sometimes overnight) you pull it out and scrap the B#!%$D off and clean off the area with freash water. I have removed 10 that way & now have two left, just waiting for them to get a little bigger.
majano anemone and macroalgae problems, need your advice - The Reef Tank
Tribbles, er... Anemonia Majanos

yeah, i had some really nice green ones with red tips. i did ok with the kalk paste. i think the trick is to squirt some in the mouth, then when it shrivels up, completely cover the rest of it with another glob. this way, no spores will live to pop up later.

Back
Top Bottom