Good plant dealers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking for a good plant dealer that has really good selection. Aquariumplants.com doesn't really have alot of the plants I'm looking for half the time (and are on the pricier side), and my usual dealer really screwed me over. Where is a good place??

azgardens.com is a standby, though their shipping costs are relatively high, IMO.

aquabotanic.com is good, as is aquatic-store.com. I have ordered from all three and have been happy. I have ordered from Floridadriftwood.com also and have been very pleased with equipment and dry goods, but disappointed with plants.

Don't forget Aquabid and ebay for plants, as well as our own Classifieds section, where some of our green thumb members sell off their plants.

dr_girlfriend, Have you been to Albany Aquarium? Semi-local place with a good selection of plants. If you are looking for plants, you should also consider joining SFBAAPS. The members there give away free plants on a regular basis.

I was looking for some christmas moss, willow moss, monoselenium. I ordered a few others, but I can't remember what they were its been so long! :roll: I think another one was blyxa japonica.

I actually just found out today that almost one month after I ordered and 2 bald face lies about when they were shipping it, they actually shipped it today. I really wish they weren't like that, since they have pretty good selection and reasonable prices. I've ordered from them before, and had no problem.

Shipping tends to be a little high for most places, since some only ship by 1 or sometimes 2 day air. I think if your plants are of good quality and its not the dead of summer or winter, 3 day priority mail should be sufficient most of the time. JMO

Greenfish, I'll definitley look at albany aquarium, and into sfbaaps. I'm not going to have a computer for a little while though after tomorrow :(

I'm going to be setting up my 90 gallon soon, and I did arrange to buy some plants off of malkore, but if I'm looking for something different it seems hard to find, or outrageously expensive.

Here's who I've ordered from:

www.azgardens.com - wide selection, but pricy shipping, and not exactly the best customer service
www.floridadriftwood.com - decent selection...I only ordered a CO2 reactor and some dwarf hairgrass though.
www.aquariumplants.com - good selection, some of the cheapest prices on bunch plants, and good customer service. I do recommend you call your order in, or at least call to check on availability, as the online 'in-stock' guide never seems 100% up-to-date. Part of the reason I order from them too, is because they're only about 140miles away, so I can use USPS priority mail, and still get healthy plants 2 days later in the mail.

Back
Top Bottom