Good plants for my fish to nibble on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my checkered barbs are eating my live plants so i thought if i added some cheap plants that they find "tasty" then they would be distracted from my decorative plants

Any suggestions?

my fish love to eat my water sprite and Hydrotriche hottoniiflora, both can be bought fairly cheap and grow very quickly.

I have 12 adult angels that love to plant nibble and I almost have gotten them to stop by feeding a few cooked, deshelled, slightly smushed peas with their daily meal. Then I cut a coupe 1/4" slices of zucchini, nuke the about 8-15 seconds, hold them under cold water to stop the cooking, then hang them on veggie clips in the tank all day. All the fish but especially the angels love having alot of veggies in their daily diet. You could try supplimenting their diet like this and see if it cuts down on plant eating. I also do this but use all kinds of fruits and veggies in my fancy goldfish tanks which are planted to help keep plant eating down to a minimum.

Back
Top Bottom