good varied diet for firemouths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm afraid I'd have to disagree there.I would say occasional frozen foods and bloodworm for them.

Agreed, I feed my Gold Mixteco NLS Thera-A every day and blood worms maybe 1-2 times a month. When you're feeding such a high quality food as a staple there's little to no need to supplement their diet with anything else.

The only fish you really need to supplement with a higher protein diet are the fish that are predominantly piscivores. Even then I would stray away from any mammal based protein and only use insect/fish proteins.

well my neighbor gave me a whole bag of hikari cichlid staple so i'm going to use that for a bit. he bought it on accident and didn't take it back.

i will definitely be getting them some nls soon. with two of my cat needing the vet this past week and my betta needs a new tank tonight (dwarf frog problems), i'm broke as hell now for the next couple weeks.

i know to avoid feeders. i use to feed my oscars crawlers and was planning on doing that once in a while with these guys.

sorry everyone i haven't had time to sit down with my threads in the past few days. thanks for the info.

i went and picked up some nls

Back
Top Bottom