Got a no good tank......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaternewbie12

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I dreams of making a really cool rimless reef tank..... Ended up getting the Marineland 20 gallon rimless , brought it home, filled it up, and man does it suck!! I first noticed a bow in the front glass, and upon further inspection realized the front glass is siliconed in crooked...now to move the water, sand , and rocks into totes, so I can return this one.... Luckily the store is gonna let me just return the glass part and not the stand (that took forever to build)....... I will definitely be doing some major checking on the new one before it comes home.....

I heard all of those tanks have terrible silicone and the company has poor quality control on those tanks. All of the ones I have seen at pets mart looked so bad I wouldn't even think about buying.

I ended up buying a 47 column tank that was already set up as a reef to replace it.... Got an awesome deal for tank stand and lights so I'm hoping to get it going soon..... Kinda concerned with lighting it though.... It's 30 inches deep

Just purchased the aqua illumination vega leds and there's no doubt this fixture would reach 30" depth.

I'm gonna have to look online for it.... Do u have a link? He gave me a light with it, but I don't see how it is bright enough..... He said its what he had on it and his corals looked good..... It's only 2 24" t5 bulbs.....

Back
Top Bottom