got it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mogens

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally got my 135 gallon. will be doing a fishless cycle. Using pool filter sand. Have available for cycling,plants,rocks,gravel,driftwood from existing tank which I will sell after set up is done. Should I,A:use any or all of above to recycle,B: put existing gravel under pool filter sand.C:put spunges from existing filter under sand and just forget it? I know it's a lot of questions but I want to get this right. Thanks,Mogens

If you can, try putting the sponges in the new filter (whole or cut up). You could take some of the existing gravel and put it into nylon bags and place them in the direct path of the filter/aerator’s current (or in the filter as well).

Hi Fresh20. I am using a fluval 6 canister filter. Could I put some of the tanks gravel in the media bag supplied. Thanks,Mogens

That will work. There's more BB in a filter than a handful of gravel though.

Hello, when cycling my canister I moved everything in filter to bottom tray of canister. As for your gravel I would bag it( I used nylon stockings) & stack bags around intake. Then you should have an instant cycle. Hope this helps!

Thanks very much everyone. I should be good to go now.
Mogens

Back
Top Bottom