got new 29 gal All-Glass set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I connected my FLUVAL to the hoses and it is working from yesterday. I dropped some used Biomax and carbon catridges from my other 10 gal filters. After 12 hours I introduced a pair of danio inside. It is running smooth so far.

I have a question regarding FLUVAL. while installing we have to keep the output above the water level to start the pump. Is it applicable even for maintainence cycle. I mean after opening the filter and cleaning ....

Day 7.. looks like everything is going good. I introduced 4 corys from my 10 Gal and they are doing fine.. Got some resin recoration log with lot of holes from petsmart and they love it. 2 pepper cory + 2 bronze cory. My two Danios also doing well. I also intro some trumpet snails and they immedietly start laying eggs every where..

I went to LFS Jacks pets and they had Blue Rams for $10. They also had gold RAMS. are these that much expensive.. I thought they cost $5. Any comments ?

I have a question regarding FLUVAL. while installing we have to keep the output above the water level to start the pump. Is it applicable even for maintainence cycle. I mean after opening the filter and cleaning ....

Once you have those hoses attached, you only need to keep the canister itself below water line. Also, remember that if you ever want to disconnect the intake hose from the canister, take the intake tube out of the water first.

I went to LFS Jacks pets and they had Blue Rams for $10. They also had gold RAMS. are these that much expensive.. I thought they cost $5. Any comments ?

That is pretty steep for the M. Ramirezi's. The highest I've ever seen was $5.99. Can you shop around?

Jchillin said:
That is pretty steep for the M. Ramirezi's. The highest I've ever seen was $5.99. Can you shop around?

I am visiting a mom& Pop store today who told that they will be having this weekend. The price they told was $5. Let see how it develops..

Hay cinciboy.. if you find a really good shop say something.. Im in driving distance..LOL
your never realy said what your tap KH was..
I would have recomend that you stay on track with trying to find the rams if you have soft water..
But if you dont have soft water looking for some shell dwellers would be the thing to do..
just a though.. :mrgreen:

greenmagi said:
Hay cinciboy.. if you find a really good shop say something.. Im in driving distance..LOL
your never realy said what your tap KH was..
I would have recomend that you stay on track with trying to find the rams if you have soft water..
But if you dont have soft water looking for some shell dwellers would be the thing to do..
just a though.. :mrgreen:

Thanks for your advice. I didnt think about it. By the way, I found a local store "Complete Petmart" ... where they have 50% off on all Aquarium and accessories and also they had Bolivian Rams for $4 and powder Gourami for $3.50.. most of the stores here sells these gourami for atleast $6.

Nice find! The Bolivian rams here (when you can even find any) are $15 apiece, and the blue or gold rams are $10 each. We only have one LFS here though, and since I don't buy fish from Petsmart I just have to pay whatever. :D

Back
Top Bottom