Got some new plants And... what is happening to this one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yea!! New plants! I think I know what all these are. If I am wron on something please correct me...

Ok, I think this is Acorus variegatus?? Really not sure though

Here is the smaller one (in the back), better shot of the leaves

I got 2 clumps of wisteria

And I got one of these, the card says Lutea, but what I found online is called Cryptocoryne walkeri (lutea) I guess it has two names?

Secondly, does anyone know what is happening to my sword?? the leaves are turning all lacey looking. When I moved it, I did a bleach dip to get the snails off. Could this be the cause? Will the plant come back? Here is a pic.

the first one, Acorus variegatus is a marsh plant, requires 4" to be submerged, the rest exposed to air, at first glance I thought it was the variant of Onion plant I saw earlier today at the store. (crinum), If it has a bulb then it more then likely is.

The sword, it is possible the bleach dip did harm the leaf, otherwise there would have to be a severe deficiency in a nutrient to cause that.

Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:
the first one, Acorus variegatus is a marsh plant, requires 4" to be submerged, the rest exposed to air

Hmm, do you think it will be ok in there the way it is?

its planted in flourite. Is it ok to use the tabs with that, or would it be too much? Also, I saw some co2 tabs at the store. Is it ok to use those?

Meredith said:
Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:
the first one, Acorus variegatus is a marsh plant, requires 4" to be submerged, the rest exposed to air

Hmm, do you think it will be ok in there the way it is?

according to what I've read, it will die if it doesn't have some exposure to atmosphere. but that was just 1 or 2 articles.

1 of them

You can hunt around a it more on google and see if you turn up a sucess on submersed growth and how they did it.

Back
Top Bottom