Gotta Love Friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khartig

Aquarium Advice Regular
A buddy of mine that I work with heard that I was getting back into aquariums so he told me to come over to pick up one he had sitting in his garage. So I went by today and got a nearly complete 20 gal. The only thing missing was a hood and the stand was a piece of junk. It had some assorted plastic plants, some still in the package, air pump, UGF which will be going in the trash and a brand new Penn-Plax clear free corner filter.

I plan on building a crabitat with red claws or fiddler, can't decide on which yet and seeing as this will be a slow build due the wife having foot surgery and being laid up for 4-6 weeks which is reducing the funds. So now I got time to ask my questions and make sure I do it right. Will that filter I got work in the crabitat that will be only filled a 1/3 to 1/2 with water and the other half or so land? How many crabs can I put in the tank with out over crowding? I think I have figured out how I want to seperate the tank. I am planning on using river rock and aquarium silicone to build a sort of retaingin wall to hold the sand in place and using some slate for the ramp. Does anyone see any problems with this idea?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom