?Gourami ?breeding ?tank ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Andy! Any advice on taking care of them??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not much more than I've already told ya. Keep the lid closed, have plenty of infusoria available for them to eat and just watch them grow. Once they are large enough and can swallow them, switch to newly hatched brine shrimp or decapsulated brine shrimp eggs if they will eat them. No water changes or filters until they have developed their labrynth. Siphon any excess food out of the tank daily. That's it. ;)

(y)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409544035.476289.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409544044.706201.jpg

Ok getting big enough so I can get a picture of them XD baby blue/gold Gouramis I think about 25-30 of the little guys in all :).

Do you think I should throw air pump on now or wait ?

How big do they have to be before I can use any old filter?

No water movement until they start coming to the surface to breathe. At that point, low air and minimal water movement. These are not like "normal" fish. They will eventually use just the air above the water so oxygenation of the water is not necessary like for other fish.
As for filtering, the air driven sponge filter is the filter of choice because it can't harm the fry like other filters can. If you have another tank running at the moment, you can start seeding a sponge filter in that so that there will be microscopic foods for the fry when you do eventually add it to the fry tank.

Congrats on getting this far (y)

Thanks for all your help Andy!
And yeah I'm so excited to get this far with so many on my first time XD gives me something to work with.

When should I start water changes?

when you start feeding foods other than green water. At that point, I'd siphon out the uneaten food and then drip back in the replacement water.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409971467.506674.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409971475.538536.jpg

Just a update they got spots now XD

Haha get this I seen the female was nice and fat so I threw her in a tank. I then waited two days and then threw the male in... And this very second there makeing there nest and breeding! So this is batch number two! And looks like I'll get a lot more this time!!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410195238.276060.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410195248.012829.jpg

Ok wow... I'm still shocked on how many I have....100s.. Easy

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410474084.705719.jpg

Looks like I'm Gourami pro XD

Great going (y) I hope you have a number of larger tanks to grow them all out in. They will need to be spread out or they can start picking off each other. :^O

Keep em growing :)

Great going (y) I hope you have a number of larger tanks to grow them all out in. They will need to be spread out or they can start picking off each other. :^O

Keep em growing :)

I got them in my small 30 gal might let them grow up in my 85 gal... But that picture was like half of them.. Easy300

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411413103.112903.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411413124.305665.jpg

One of the last updates just a picture of the first litter XD

Why one of the last updates?

Sent from my iPhone

Well what else is there to show other than when there tiny bit bigger?

I'll make new post when I breed other things I guess :).. Wanted to try Plecostomus, bala sharks, and corydoras. Leave me a suggestion and I'll see what i can do :)

Back
Top Bottom