Gourami help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobbyFishKins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok... I Need help fast!!! My pearl gourami is about 3 inches, and I came home today to find he's not shinny and his colors fading, He eats, but he is always hiding in the corner with the heater. I read they hide in corners when scared, but everything in the tank is smaller then him, and doesn't bother him... what should i do?!?!?!

Have you tested the water? Sounds like a water quality issue, and the gourami is just the most sensitive/ first to show symptoms. I would check your water parameters, do a 20-30% water change, and check again. Also check to make sure your heater and filter are working properly. Good luck!

thanks

I'll do the change, the heater is working fine, the filters are perfect, and ammonia(0.00) PH:7, nitrate levels are down(live plants) I just changed the water 2 days ago... thats why im confused

Hmm that is unusual. Still do the change just in case, and monitor closely for any signs of a bacterial or fungal infection, and try to watch the other fishes behavior, to see if there's any bullying going on, or if any of them start showing the same symptoms.

how long has he been in the tank for? Any recent changes to decor? Move things around or trim your plants?

yes, new plants, and a few new decorations, he wasn't being bullied. I changed the water, and hes all better, except for now i got ick on my tiger barb, (very minimal being treated as serious). all symptoms looking better though :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom