Gourami question ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kpygout

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had two blue Gouramis, and added 2 snakeskin Gouramis yesterday . the blues chased and chased the snakesskins and would not leave them alone and nipped at their tails and nipped part of their tails off. I took the blues out and put them in my sons tank where he has gold, pearls, a beta, , and the dont mess with anything. Anybody ever heard of Gouramis messing with other species of Gouramis like this or being aggressive?
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=HyfrAAfGqbLEUCHUFRM0zA&bvm=bv.48572450,d.aWc

Gouramis are cousins to bettas and are similar in the sense that they will often not tolerate members of the same species in the same tank, particularly if they are males. How big is the tank?

Gouramis are cousins to bettas and are similar in the sense that they will often not tolerate members of the same species in the same tank, particularly if they are males. How big is the tank?

Both tanks are 29 gallons. Only the blues are aggressive, but have not been since I transferred them to my sons tank.

BTW...I have always had blues in other tanks Ive had and they have never been aggressive....weird....

That is the minimum tank size for one blue gourami so the tank is overcrowded.

I would want a pair but this gourami species is highly territorial and will be aggressive in a smaller tank. It sounds like you have male gouramis and those are very assertive.

Back
Top Bottom