Gourami stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MisFit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How's it going everybody I'm restarting my tank after a few months. I've been cycling my tank for the last few days and I'm trying to plan out what I want to stock it with. I'm not sure but I was wondering If I could place a couple of different types of gouramis in my 40 gal long with a lot of fake plants. Would that work or would there be to much aggression in the tank. I would like to do a mix of blue, pearl and banded about six total. Any suggestions on any other tank mates or ways to prevent problems. Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't personally try to get more than a single male in the tank. A 1 male to 2 female grouping would be nice if you wanted more than 1 gourami though.

A group of Leeri-Pearls-would be nice you could then go with a few sparkling gouramis. With gouramis, the more broken up the top colunm of water is the better. I'd use plants and maybe even a few driftwood stick ups like a swamp. If there is structure in the rear corners, you can get away with another male Leeri. Just keep in mind the odd male needs some place to hide or get out of the way.

I have several Leeris in a 40Gal without any serious aggression. Chasing yes real aggression, no. A few Badis down below would look nice.

Back
Top Bottom