Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
My brothers gourami just sits in the corner of the tank and stares at the glass.. Any reasons? Is this normal? Some of the other fish have now started too

Gboy66 said:
My brothers gourami just sits in the corner of the tank and stares at the glass.. Any reasons? Is this normal? Some of the other fish have now started too

How big is the tank? Did he cycle the tank? What are the levels in the tank? Any other fish?

Ya uts been cyled and its been running for much over a year. With some tetras In 10g

I unfortunatly dont hve an exact tester, but we took a sample in friday and it was perfect

Yes we cleaned the entire tank yesterday and his almost a 50% change

Is it the only Gourami in the tank? I had an unusually aggressive gold Gourami that I put in a 10 gal tank to herself after too many causalities. She would stare at her reflection in the glass. I often wondered if that was because she was alone. .... Do fish get lonely?

Is it the only Gourami in the tank? I had an unusually aggressive gold Gourami that I put in a 10 gal tank to herself after too many causalities. She would stare at her reflection in the glass. I often wondered if that was because she was alone. .... Do fish get lonely?

Fish can get lonely, my gold gourami is currently depressed and doesn't do anything. Hopefully adding some cherry barbs will cheer him up, but IDK. I also have a honey gold DG that is scared and lonely and timid, because her other female and male friends were like the three musketeers, so she's missing them. They unfortunately died. :(

She's probably staring at her reflection in the glass tank because, like bettas, gouramis can set each other off.

Gboy66 - Are they all staring at one point in the tank? ... I had a Betta once who, around feeding time would hang out near the fish food to keep an eye on things.

bruinsbro1997 - Ahh. Perhaps another Gourami of the opposite gender? ... Its hard to be depressed when you have mating on the brain.

No just the gourami. And i use test strips

We could basically be guessing the levels of ammonia, nitrites and nitrates if we were using test strips. They are not going to give you anywhere close to an accurate result, I'd try a liquid test kit and see if the results are still the same.

Back
Top Bottom