Gouramis compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can all of these fish live peacefully together? I haven't added the three spot yet, but sites i go on say some will fight while others say they are fine together.

AquStockImage.php

The tank may be fine right now for those angels but they will grow fast and it is too small for adult angels. Same for the Golden Gourami's, who not only will get large but can also become quite aggresssive with each other and other fish. Don't add the Three spot gourami's not only due to probable aggression with the Gold Gourami but also due to it's adult size. Six dwarf gourami's will end up warring. And basically I hate to tell you but that tank would be overstocked with this list not to mention a war zone.

That three spot blue gourami will absolutely terrorize your other gouramis, they are the most aggressive of their kind and will relentlessly chase your golden one. It's going on in my tank now as a matter of fact lol.

vao71 said:
That three spot blue gourami will absolutely terrorize your other gouramis, they are the most aggressive of their kind and will relentlessly chase your golden one. It's going on in my tank now as a matter of fact lol.

Same here! Lol I just had to shuffle my fish around when my behemoth blue decide he wasn't going to tolerate my golden or my other blue anymore, and they had been living fine together for months. The only gouramis I haven't had an issue with the blues are my kissers

Back
Top Bottom