Gourmais and Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slick91

Aquarium Advice Newbie
After some mixed reviews on the "online" I decided to join AA. I recently got my first tank(10 gal), and have 3 zebra danios and 1 Blue Gourmais. They haven't nipped at each other but curious to see what the fine members of AA have to say.

hi slick91. i have a 260 litre tank which includes 4 gold gouramis and 6 zebra danios. no problems so far as they only seem interested in their own species and leave the others alone. i did have the gouramis in a small quarantine tank for a couple of weeks and the male got very territorial and aggressive. they need a bit of space.

The only problem I see is that your tank is a bit too small for the extremely active zebra danios. They prefer to be in a school of 6 or more fish, and should be kept in at least a 20 gallon. However, they can still live in your 10 gallon.

Thank you both for the advice, it is much appreciated. Like I said it's a starter tank, and I am quickly starting to appreciate it very much so.

Back
Top Bottom