Grass ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shattrd3

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank is set up gravel then sand. I was wondering how you make it look like you have nice grass growing in my tank?

Ok, will need more info. What kind of LED hood? What size tank? This will help us determine what, if any, grass like plants your tank migh support.

I'm not sure, I just recently bought a 20 gal marineland tank with an led hood. It has like a day and night setting

Ok. That will not support grass-like plants.

You might be able to grow some java moss with it and try and get a carpet effect out of it, but it won't be easy.

I've never heard of java moss but the research I just did it looks great. What makes planting them difficult? And where could I possibly get this? Online?

Java moss is not planted... You have to tie it to something. For a carpet effect you will have to use a mesh (like that craft screen stuff available at a hobby store, or hairnets). It has to be pruned, and coaxed to get it to look like you want. With the light you have it will take a long time to achieve the effect.

If you post a wanted to buy ad in the classifieds section here, I am sure someone can ship you some java moss on the cheap. I only keep high light stuff at the moment so I do not have any, or I would send you a clump.

Back
Top Bottom