Gravel color/ tricks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love2Fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I decided I need some more gravel in my tank. It has some but its not really enough. The gravel I have now came with the tank when I bought it. It's mostly white and has a few pinkish red stones in, and had a little sand runoff that color probably from being rinsed so many times. Anyways, I was thinking about stopping on my way home from work, any suggestions on maybe a nice supplemental color, and any little tricks I can do to make it look cool and the fish stand out a little better? I am just going to add it in there with the fish once I get it all rinsed good of course. Kinda leaning against Black because my cories are black and white and I really don't want to girl it up with anymore pink added to it. Should I just get more white? I kinda thought it would be cool to have another color in there too though. Not sure

What ever your preference is! Black and white would look nice :) Most fish stand out better on darker substrate.

--Adeeb

I know it is up to me, but I was just having one of those brain freezes and trying to see if anyone could help me with some ideas, maybe black and white would be ok but then I have to think do I want to put the black in front or back or on top or mix. LOL decisions, decisions.

You could get a darker color like black or brown. I have the natural river rock gravel. It has larger and smaller pieces. You could layer it on top or mix it all together. All depends on your color preferences

wow i wish i was closer to you I just changed my gravel for sand. Black and blue gravel. love the black color it looks sweet

I got some black and kinda mixed it together. It looks alright. I still have some extra black but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but Its kinda cool how it is

Back
Top Bottom