gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the problem? Algae or debris?

I prefer sand because of how much cleaner it is. If you want to stick with gravel get a Python water change system.

What size tank?
What fish (type, size, and number)?
What filtration?
What is the water change schedule?
What is the nitrate concentration?
What is the phosphate concentration?

95 liltter 80x30x40 tank i got a fluval 2 plus

2 banjo cats
1 sailfin plco
2 female guppy
5 male guppy
1 siamese fighting fish
1 penguin tetra
3 x-ray tetra
3 clown loach
2 pictus catfish
2 sliver shark
2 angel fish i change the water ever 2 weeks but dont know what the nitrate concentration or the phosphate concentration but have order a api test kit

How much water do you usually change at a time?
I would change to weekly water changes.
That is a relatively weak filter for that size tank IMO. I would add a HOB or a Fluval 3plus.

A lot of those won't be able to stay in there permanently. Which are your favorites? The clown loaches, silver sharks, angelfish, and sailfin pleco will have to be upgraded.

i do a good 25% change and i did have a hag over fillter that come with the tank but taken it of because it was not clean the water as good as me fluval 2plus IMP

but not that bother about the fish getting to big i will just get smaller one when they get to big

Just vacuum it as part of your water change. Use a gravel vacuum to siphon water into a bucket and vacuum the gravel as you drain for a water change.

Most likely the fish will be stunted and never outgrow the tank. They need to be in a tank more appropriate for their size and needs. I suggest you choose fish that can stay in your tank for their full life, grow to fill size, and do so comfortably and stay healthy.

dan with the money you got mate pay me £40 a month and il look after your tank mate no probs lol il sort u out! haha. i think u should add the hangon filter again as well as the fluval ! just buy the sponge cartridges not the the ones with carbon in with you having live plants now !!

i've just done a test n it all ok and i did a water change and it look better than what it was

i just got a battery powered gravel cleaner and it work well

Umm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but all those in a 25 gallon tank? That's WAY to many fish! And the silver sharks get huge!

Curious...the battery powered gravel cleaner...is that the type that filters the water into a bag, and then puts the water back into the tank? I think Eheim makes one that does that, and I do not understand. A regular hose-type non-battery gravel cleaner does the job, and does a water change at the same time, for a whole lot less money. On top of that, not ALL the fine crud is being removed if the water is just going back into the tank...just the bigger bits that get caught in the bag. And it's the really small stuff that needs to be removed the most.

Or am I missing something? (Never used a battery powered gravel cleaner, so I am unfamiliar with them...)

For smaller tanks I use airline tubing and sucking on one end of it while the other end is in the tank. It may not be fancy but it gets the job done.

Back
Top Bottom