greedy oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtuner119

Aquarium Advice Regular
today is treat day and this guy grabbed a cricket and two feeders all at one time. heres a pic with the two tails of the misfortunate feeders

image-3282865396.jpg

two at a time

I love feeding my Oscar live food. It's exciting to see the fish in hunt mode. And my 3 month old Oscar took 2 at once. Epic!

i didnt think a fish could choke like that. my oscar is the only one eating the feeders. i used to get 3 or 4 and some crickets. but i believe that the convict ate a feeder fish so i incresed the amount. i just saw the oscar trying to swallow one and snatch another while the previous fish is only half way in his mouth. the two feeders could have held a conversation in his mouth.

I actually lost an adult grass pickerel about 2 months ago after he eat a platy and it got stuck in his throat sideways.

As long as the fish is still breathing he should be o.k., I've seen a few fish that would have a tail sticking out of their mouth, but ideally if you are going to use feeders, pick some that are small enough to be swallowed immediately.

Back
Top Bottom