Green Algea on Tank Glass???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
It seems like lately this is a constant thing in my tank, I'm constantly wiping it off my tank glass. Does anyone know what causes this particular algae? It's always thick on the back tank glass behind my long stem plants, could they be too close? I doubt that's it because it also gets on the front of my tank too!

Thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Linda

Is it like green spots? Normally I only get this when the tank receives too much direct sunlight from an open window across the room.

If it wipes off easily sounds like a fuzz algae... This is actually probably the most common in aquariums and can be attributed to high phosphates or direct sunlight. I have a very sunny living room and the only way i was able to beat it was to get 5 SAE

No, it's not green spot algae, I've had that before when my phosphates were too low. It could be green brush algae but my living room has no direct sunlight, it's usually pretty dark except for the plant light and when I tested my phosphates last night, they were low, around 0.5 or lower. I get it alot, wish I knew what caused it.

Back
Top Bottom