Green Bubble Tip Anemone PROBLEMS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lionfish210

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
While I was at my LFS, I saw a large (5 in) green bubble anemone in one of the tanks; and at a great price! When I bought it home I acclimated it for 3 hrs, keeping the salinity and temperature steady.
After setting it in the tank, near the top of the reef, it opened up completely, and was doing good, until it started acting funny. One day, I came home and it was shriveled to less than 2 in! I thought the lighting was just too strong, so I moved it lower in the aquarium. After feeding it some krill, it it grew back to normal.
But recently It shriveled back. I don't know what to do. Need someone with experience! :banghead:

I would leave him alone. Your anemone will move itself if it isn't happy. He'll move around until he finds a combination of water movement and light that suits him. Let him settle. Good luck.

I would position it low, and let it move to the height (light intensity) it needs. Then leave it be from then on. The trouble with anemones is that they move when they want to. Not a good thing for a reef full of expensive corals.

He seems to have found a little crack about around the middle of the rockwork. Opened up completely, so I fed him a little krill

Back
Top Bottom