Green hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Benamayer said:
So yes that's high. I know it's on the low end of the chart, but with phosphates you basically want "0" all the time. You can always get a Hannah checker for phosphates which are accurate. I would assume this is why you have your algae problem. What equipment is on your tank for filtration? If you have a HOB you can get some GFO run that to reduce phosphates, that's what I do...

I have a HOB filter with kent nitrogen sponge that controls my ammonia and nitrates can I mix it together?

I don't see why not just get a filter bag and put some GFO in... Be sure to roll it around every few days or else the water will just go around it.

Okay thanks sorry for the confusion with the test result

Don't be sorry, just trying to help out... I had the same issue a month into setting up my tank. Keep us posted on the results of everything.

Just cutting my lights by a few hours has helped a lot thanks guys

It has always been my opinion that you dont buy livestock to take care of algea problems. Find the fuel source and stop the algea. This link will help you to find it.

Back
Top Bottom