Green Mandarin and shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

explorethereef

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Green Mandarin thats about 2". I also have 2 pepperment shrimp that are 3/4". I cannot find the shrimp and it has been the third day I have had them. Would my Mandarin eat them?

I doubt it since they normally eat much smaller pods. I have had pepermint shrimp go missing before, I personally blamed the emerald crabs.

Sometimes you just won't see them... In a couple of months you might be like there he is

explorethereef said:
I have a Green Mandarin thats about 2". I also have 2 pepperment shrimp that are 3/4". I cannot find the shrimp and it has been the third day I have had them. Would my Mandarin eat them?

He might have molted.If he did he will hide awhile until his new skeleton hardens.

peppermints are nocternal shrimp, you will see them more at night then during the day.

when i come hoem from my girlfriends at night i check up on my tank with the lights out, so i use my cellphone to see and i usuaully see Pepper running away from the light under rocks

Back
Top Bottom