Green spotted puffer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hollywood11892

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey every one just wondering about a few things. First can you put two gsp together and how can you tell if they are male and female. Two I know they need snails to feed them to grind down their teeth do small crabs work and those small mollusk at the beach u find I the sand (I forgot what they are called). Thanks for the info

I know you can put multiple together I think the rule is 25 gallons for the first then 10 for each one after that. I do not know how to tell the sex of them however.

It is recommended that you keep one per 30gal. They get very territorial. Currently there is no way to sex the gsp. As far as I know I would not get the grabs I would stick with the snails. Remember they like brackish water and when they get older you can make them full saltwater.

Ya at first they told me it was freshwater but in my own research I see it's brackish so I will be making that change

The gsp at first can be fresh water but it is recommended that they be brackish. Gsp are very hardy fish, but are prone to ich and other gill disorders due to the fact that they have no real protection. They love frozen blood worms. If you have any questions done be afraid to ask. My gf has one that is full saltwater. I have done countless hours of research on this particular fish.

Thank you. And we've had it for about 3 days and it's going up and down the tank walls then swims around goes to te other side and does the same but iv seen other puffer gsp do this too is it normal

Back
Top Bottom