Green terror HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any fish can have aggressive tendencies it just depends on the fish

The wat part was the fish is still alive. It wa slave in the silver dollar's mouth. Then it fell out of its mouth and later he ate. I was like SAY WHAT NOW!

Exteremecheddar123 said:
Yea well the tiger fish arent bothering him now , but he is still in the corner . And
Like you said sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Like my jack Dempsey worked with them. And my dads said that I cudnt even get an arowana for a 30 gallon. (which I believe to be untrue) he just won't grow big. And we done wanna get him cu then all the other guys will prack at him and he only stays at the top .
I'm gpnna call my fish guy and get spmething else to do that will 'preserve' his life till he gets the guts or whatever

I think you need to understand that fish don't grow to the size of the aquarium. That's is old false information! Normally the fish just gets stunted which mean the internals keeping growing but the fishes body stays the same.

If you haven't yet I would rehome your entire stock and find some fish suiited for you aquarium.

Exteremecheddar123 said:
I just saw something really freaky, my silver dollar was eating my aurutus. The aurtus was in the silver dollars mouth and my silver dollar bit of his entire tail. Silver dollars aren't aggressive what hepoened to him?

Fish get aggressive when they don't have the space the need, in this case it could even be that they need a school! Just like barbs, silver dollars will fin nip if they are not on proper school.
Also you said you wanted to wait till your fish die. In proper conditions they will probably live around 5 years given that you are doing your water changes and such. With your tank I could see maybe a year until all your fish thin out the stock by themselves.
Also is this your tank or your dads? Tell him to stop throwing things in that he has know idea about what they need! And you should be researching the heck out of the fish you have to see I'd you can even keep the ones in the tank and honestly Ian don't grow to the size of the aquarium! If you had the space available you can set up an example. Take two of the fish and put them into two different tanks but the same size. Now give one good filtration and proper water changes. It grows to it full size even in a small aquarium. The other gets bad filtration and barely any water changes. It gets stunted causing it to die sooner. Why set up for failure?

Also how big is your silver dollar?

I one have never ever ever known anything about fish. And for my JackDempsey he literally growing bigger by the second. My silver dollar is like approximately the size of the space between you making a lowercase C with your thumb and pointer finger. (Basically make a lowercase C with ur thumb and pointer finger though he's bigger than that. I feed my fish Fresh shrimp, not live or brine shrimp u buy in the store. Anyways If you know what regular shrimp looks like before turned into brine its not that wide but it's like 1 cm or even smaller than thT. When I fed the fish shrimp once my solver dollar at the entire thing. He's big enough to eat 1 whole shrimp. But not really big ? I don know If this helps maybe I can get a picture later

What? All you need to do is rehome your fish, get a bigger tank and stop mixing fish without researching what fish can be with others. And also you would get a lot more replies if you spelt things properly and actually use grammar...

It's cruel to do what you are doing to the fish. You seem to not care about the harm that you have cause to these poor critters. Personally I thing you should not own fish because people have told you multiple times to rehome them and yet you let them kill each other instead of finding them good homes. This is cruel and heartless

These forums are not for bashing or anything like that. If you do not have anything positive to say or advice to give then leave it be. You can try and help but if the OP chooses to continue doing it this way then we can't do anything about it. I do not agree with the practices here but like I said its out of our power. Thank you.

Mrc8858 said:
These forums are not for bashing or anything like that. You can try and help but if the OP chooses to continue doing it this way then we can't do anything about it. I do not agree with the practices here but like I said its out of our power. Thank you.

Thank you so much for understanding! I can not move these fish out of where they are. Ok, now I of I'm so cruel and all my fish are going to die how come my silver dollar and jack dempsey are doing fine then? And whatever I made a mistake my dad made a mistake about the fish. Can't do anything about it now. it's a free country. I cant buy a new tank cuz then, where Am
I gonna put it? All that you guys Are trying to do was save my green terror. Ok so the advice was to rehome, which i couldnt do so H e died like a week ago. I was just posting about how my other fish are fighting and dying because they are getting aggressive with each other. I wasnt expecting anyone to respond. Besides the silver dollar and jack Dempsey questionS . So that's it . Bye :) & thanks.

Mrc8858 said:
These forums are not for bashing or anything like that. If you do not have anything positive to say or advice to give then leave it be. You can try and help but if the OP chooses to continue doing it this way then we can't do anything about it. I do not agree with the practices here but like I said its out of our power. Thank you.

He never said is was ok he is just following the forums rules! That's why he said he did not agree with what you are doing.

I wounded if he figured out why his fish are so aggressive and attack each other. Maybe if you don't mix continents and have to proper size so the fish can develop his territory without other Fish invading. Where did you buy your fish I'm sure somewhere you live you can take your fish to a fish store. Don't just say it because you are to lazy to check. If you bought from petsmart they might take it back. I know the ones around here take fish back live or dead as long as you got it from the store. They don't take in fish that you have raised though. They just stick to their suppliers.

You could give them away on Craigslist if you have any live ones left.

Candiceg said:
You could give them away on Craigslist if you have any live ones left.

+1 great idea! I don't use Craigslist very often but it an excellent idea

I don't have a pet smart by me. And it's not ur call.

You are kinda taking care of your fish horribly. I think giving them away would be the smart thing to do. It's not anyone's call but your own. If you can't properly take care of them, let someone who knows what they're doing take them.

I don't have a pet smart by me. And it's not ur call.

Just throw the ones you don't want out in the yard, it's far less cruel then what you are doing. The fact is we have given advise, on how to help correct the problems at hand.

And it's not "our call"... So... Just get it over with and stop dragging it out. Why would you want sick fish to keep contaminating the tank. And slowly dying. Just adding more problems to the grocery list of problems.

Thank you so much for understanding! I can not move these fish out of where they are. Ok, now I of I'm so cruel and all my fish are going to die how come my silver dollar and jack dempsey are doing fine then? And whatever I made a mistake my dad made a mistake about the fish. Can't do anything about it now. it's a free country. I cant buy a new tank cuz then, where Am
I gonna put it? All that you guys Are trying to do was save my green terror. Ok so the advice was to rehome, which i couldnt do so H e died like a week ago. I was just posting about how my other fish are fighting and dying because they are getting aggressive with each other. I wasnt expecting anyone to respond. Besides the silver dollar and jack Dempsey questionS . So that's it . Bye :) & thanks.

Here's the thing: People are here to help you. We don't enjoy hearing about your fish fighting and dying. It's unpleasant for us. We love fish. I respect that you are in a "no-win" situation. Hopefully you've picked up some tips from this thread for future fish keeping. Perhaps you could keep the bloody details out of your posts. I believe that's striking a raw nerve, to put it politely.

Yes I did pick up some new things about fish and like u said. And next time I'll only put 1 fish in the tank so he can hve all the space he needs to frolic around. My fish stores here won't take the fish back. Because they have grown. They wont take them back of they have been growing in my tank. There is nothing I can do right now. So please don't call me an idiot. What part of " I'm new at fish taking do you not get?" I don't know how many things work or diseases or anything, so that's why I signed up for AA. Today, I'll put in some slate in the tank so if the fish are being like bothers they can run and hide by there. Now , there is litteraly no place for them to hide. I know it sounds like I'm an idiot and I'm just heartless. But I'm trying my best. Ok so stop saying all of these mean things about me. I've learned for next time.
I won't mix continents .
I won't put more than like 2 fish in that kind of tank.
I will kept better track of the parameters.
Ok, I'm only human and I will make mistakes .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom