Green terror or red devil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordo124

Aquarium Advice Activist
Which one is better? As in which one has more personality? Which one grows more and faster?

Cant say much about red devils as I've never owned one. But green terrors are beautiful and I think have a great personality.

What do you mean by better? Red devils are typically the nastier of the two fish, but green terrors are no picnic either.

Red devils get a little bit larger on average. Personality would probably be a tie. Either way, you'll need to be careful when selecting tankmates, as they can both do serious damage.

What size tank do you have for them?

What do you mean by better? Red devils are typically the nastier of the two fish, but green terrors are no picnic either.

Red devils get a little bit larger on average. Personality would probably be a tie. Either way, you'll need to be careful when selecting tankmates, as they can both do serious damage.

What size tank do you have for them?

A 55 gallon

I got a green terror about three weeks ago and I absolutely love him. I have him in a 55 gallon and have him with a juvenile female convict and male fire mouth. I will plan to relocate him when he outgrows the tank. They get along well besides some chasing. When I first got the terror he was the smallest out of all of them. Now he is king of the tank. Love my green terror.

I got a green terror about three weeks ago and I absolutely love him. I have him in a 55 gallon and have him with a juvenile female convict and male fire mouth. I will plan to relocate him when he outgrows the tank. They get along well besides some chasing. When I first got the terror he was the smallest out of all of them. Now he is king of the tank. Love my green terror.

ok well I'm deciding between green terrors, convicts, and fire mouths so which 2 out of the 3 do you like the best since you have all of them

I have all 3 as well, spread across 3 different tanks.

The terror is my favorite. Best colors and great personality. They are also the toughest to keep out of the 3, due to aggression and size.

For me, it's a toss up between firemouths and convicts. Firemouths get a little bigger, but aggression levels are so variable. Convicts are a nice staple of a cichlid tank, but they are so common.

In a 55, the green terror would limit your tank mates severly. You might be able to get away with one or two tankmates. With convicts, you could potentiay have a lot more in there. Firemouths seem to claim more space/territory in my opinion than convicts.

Back
Top Bottom