Green Terror Sick - PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SantosNY

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

One of my Green Terrors I've have for 5 years looks very sick. My other two look great. His head is very pale and swollen more than before and the lips look swollen too. I have only three in a 90 gal bow front. Please see pictures and any advice would be greatly appreciated. (OK I can't post immage) I can email pic if anyone can help. Not sure why the image button dosnt work(

Thanks,

Santos

How big are all these green terrors? It might be due to stress but without other information I cant diagnose the issue. How long have all these terrors lived together? What else is in the tank? Filtration?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late reply. Anyways, he does look pretty bad. Could you possibly get a 40 Gallon breeder tank and use it as a quarantine? If not then id recommend getting the largest plastic tub you can find at Target or Wal-Mart. And we'll go from there. Also, along with the tub you'll need a good working heater, API-Salt, A bubbler, and a filter. Put some of the media from the 90 into the filter to start a quick cycle and from there you cam start the quarintine. We'll work from here.

And test the water (Parameters, Ph, Etc..) Thats also a vital peice of information ill be needing.

Hi,

I did not test the water, though I did everything that I would have done if it was bad. I changed 1/2 and did 30% everyday. He is very bloated and on his side/upside dow. I thought he would be dead by now without eating for a week. I built him a little gave with rocks so he wont float around the tank - he's been in there for days.

sick fish | Sick Fish | Pinterest

Thanks,

SL

Back
Top Bottom