green water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a quick update. Water has turned again. But I still haven't took the DW out yet. It's changing so fast.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110919_183730.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110919_183730.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 78
I can highly recommend a uv sterilizer I got one on eBay for 60$ and it made my tank crystal clear in a couple hours I also had green water a while back

That's alge. Take the dw out ans boil it again and soak it for another week because that could very well stress your fish and kill them

From the photos and descriptions, I believe it's a green algae bloom. And despite the tank having no issues in the past, I'm still thinking being that close to a window is a likely contributor.

Tannin leaching is usually clear and as far as I am aware (someone may correct me) rarely produces a cloudy soupy tinge like that.

Try this:

http://www.aquaticscape.com/articles/algae.htm

But if you think the driftwood is the problem, take it out. You'll still need to do huge persistent PWCs to get rid of the cloudiness.

I wish I knew how to get rid of an algae bloom in the water. Ive been battling one in my tank for two months. No matter what I do, how many water changes I make, it will not go away. I dont even know how it got started. I have two tanks in the same room. The 29 gallon is crystal clear, the 36 gallon is not. Ive left tank lights out, its not in direct sun, I do water changes...
Ive asked this question and i hear the same solutions that dont seem to help people. Its crazy I tell ya!

Copachick said:
I wish I knew how to get rid of an algae bloom in the water. Ive been battling one in my tank for two months. No matter what I do, how many water changes I make, it will not go away. I dont even know how it got started. I have two tanks in the same room. The 29 gallon is crystal clear, the 36 gallon is not. Ive left tank lights out, its not in direct sun, I do water changes...
Ive asked this question and i hear the same solutions that dont seem to help people. Its crazy I tell ya!

Get a UV sterilizer. They are for getting rid of alge

Looks like I've got rid of the bloom. I done a 50% w/c a couple of days ago and a 20% w/c today and the water is crystal clear. I'm not actually sure what it was. It has been rainy the past few days so barely any sunlight has got into my room. So possible algea bloom?? Thank you for all your help :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110924_222429.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110924_222429.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom