Green Water ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seaman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a beginning fish enthusiast and was hoping if you can confirm the following pic is Green Water. If it is, tips on how to clear my water up. Clear water to me makes or breaks a tank.

Thanks
:confused:

Attachments

• Green Water.jpg
    Green Water.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 68
Hi!!! There's no picture here haha! Could you give us a little more information about your tank? (Size, stocking, lights, parameters if you know them) it might help us determine the source of your problem!

Have you cleaned the glass lately? Looked to me like tannins too, maybe try some purigen to get them out. If its not tannins then take a look at your photoperiod and parameter levels

Put some tank water in a white cup. If it looks green then it's a green algae water bloom. If it looks like weak tea (brownish) then it's tannins. First determine what you have then appropriate action can be taken.

Something else... those appear to be live plants, yes? If so you need to pull them up and plant each individual stem so that the leaves of each stem almost touch the leaves of the stems around them. Leaving them bunched and planted together will often times cause lower leaf loss and rotting stems.

Back
Top Bottom