Green water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Should I use my water from outside faucet ( its greenish tint ) or try my parents outside faucet water . Buying is no option and where I live and my parents inside water has water softner system . My parents have city and I have well

Tested the water and all levels are perfect . Ph after dechlorination looks like between 8.4-8.8.

In order to get a correct ph reading on tap water you need to put some in a cup/container and either aerate it or stir it off and on for 24 hours, then test the ph. This give you the true ph of tap water after it's gassed off.

What do you mean by green water? If you put some in a white cup is it actually green tinted?

I've never heard of green water algae bloom in water coming from a faucet! Is it well water? Here's the thing, you can "try" using it but in an aquarium with lights and nutrients if it is truly green water algae it's going to only get worse in the tank. Which means you'd need to run a UV sterilizer to keep the green algae killed off since it's free floating algae. Or your other option is to use RO water and remineralize it.

I can't afford to do RO. Water and remineralize it.... It is unoticable in tank ... It's well water

Back
Top Bottom