Green water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paree

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I put algae wafers in my tank and it turned my water green anyone got any suggestions on how I can get this clear again

You have to take a clean rag with no chemicals on it and wipe all the walls of glass tank, and then do a water change as normal. You may not be able to get all of the algae out at one time so repeat after a week. I only do 10% water change each time and it took about a month to get it clear again so it's not going to be a quick thing you have to be patient. But this is a safe way for your fish. If not then you always can use algaefix from the pet store is still won't be a fast solution but sometimes people use this as a solution for their tank.

Thanks I will do a water change and give algaefix a go

Algae tablets shouldn't turn your water green, you're either over feeding, over lighting or something else is going wonky. What kind of setup do you have?

Algae tabs aren't going to cause an algae bloom, and don't use chemicals to remove algae, is a simple fix once you figure out what's causing it, to much light (on to long /to strong) to much bio load abd not enough filtration, do you have an algae Eater like a Pleco or otos or snails, is the tank planted? It's a lot easier to help if you give us a run down of the tank

Back
Top Bottom