greetings from New England!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stanjam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! My name is Stan. My partner Audrey and I used to have many fish. We bred bettas, dempseys, tetras, and Laettacara Buckelkopf.

Well, we are older, and both disabled now, but we finally have another tank! This time the challenge is a planted community with some dwarf cichlids. It is our largest, and this is my first hand at any real attempt at aquascaping. Originally it was going to be a large cichlid tank, but that changed lol!

I used a base layer of Seachem Flourite topped with pea gravel. I also used rocks to create a raised gardennon the right, to which I added my first attempt at a driftwood "tree." It is filtered by an Emperor 400, and heated by a new Fluval heater. Lighting is being provided by a Satellite Freshwater plus led strip, which provides 6500k lighting. Plants are mostly low and moderate light plants.

We have gone public with the set up and development of this tank in its own blog: stanjam.tumblr.com. check it if you like, and advice is always appreciated, even if I don't necessarily follow it!

NIce to meet you all.

Stanjam

Back
Top Bottom