Greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyFishFoxy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone. This looks like an informative and fun site. I am relatively new to fish keeping and can use all the help I can get. Seems like there's a lot of knowledge here and I intend to soak it up...plus hopefully help someone else out too. Thanks for having me!

Ich and New Rams

Thank you for replying to my message. I put my 3rd tetra in my cycling tank and have started to raise the temp in the tank where my rams are. I'm scared to death of raising it too much. Are they going to be ok? I don't want to hurt them. Did a water change as you advised. Thank you again for all of your help!

As long as you raise the temp 2 degrees an hour you will be fine at 86 degrees. This is not long term. Your Rams normally live in temps up to 85 degrees. Also, if you got an airstone(s) I'd use it or think about getting them with a small pump. This will help with the oxygen in the tank. Higher temps lower oxygen. If you got an HOB filter just drop the water level a little in the tank so it agitates the surface more. That should work as well.

Back
Top Bottom