Groupon BioBubble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicnet

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my friend just sent me this link, and naturally I'm in love. I love smaller tanks, and have a 5.5G blue shrimp tank set up currently. (Along with my 20G & other tanks throughout the house) So I was excited to see this and the thought of a tank at work with perhaps some cherry shrimp.

But let's me honest, I suck at math, and have no idea how many gallons this little thing even is. I'm not even sure if it is a gallon. Anyone?

Whatcha think? Decent for a desk tank? Can it hold a betta? Shrimp only? Will plants work? Etc etc? Go!

http://touch.groupon.com/deals/gg-b...ferral&utm_medium=ApiV2&utm_source=uu39731091

When I went to my local pet store, I saw a biobubble that had a betta in it. I asked the fish person what they thought if the biobubble an he said ya it's cool but not the best thing to get ( I forget the reason, it was a while ago)

4/3*pi*r cubed /2

1.5 gallons. I got. So better for bettas than what a lot of people use. But still not good for any fish.

4/3*pi*r cubed /2 1.5 gallons. I got. So better for bettas than what a lot of people use. But still not good for any fish.

1.5 gallons sounds about right. & yeah, not good for any fish. I was just thinking of maybe putting a couple cherry shrimp and a plant in it. I couldn't wrap my head around the size though, so that may work!

I wonder how many people would actually put a goldfish in something like that.....

Probably a lot. I don't know why places insist on advertising with goldfish. Or trying to make it look like tetras or something could go into little 1 gallon tanks. It's crazy! There were people at Petsmart the other day who were looking at a 2.5 gallon tank & were like "what are these fish in the pictures?" And were trying to stock based on that! Ahh!! Thankfully the staff actually was knowledgable, I was about to be like noooooo!

When I went to my local pet store, I saw a biobubble that had a betta in it. I asked the fish person what they thought if the biobubble an he said ya it's cool but not the best thing to get ( I forget the reason, it was a while ago)

Do you remember if it was due to the size? (Which I totally get) or due to the actual structure? (Like it leaked or wasn't secure or hard to clean or etc)

Back
Top Bottom