growing balls! what are they!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JASONinNM

Aquarium Advice Activist
So aside from the aptasia that needs to be treated in my tank iv also noticed these little greenish balls that are each attatched to a stem or something (here is a crappy quality pic) I don't quite know how to explain it.... like small small nems with ball tips or spmething...

Its located in the center of the picture its kinda small, dark, and crap quality but u can pretty much make out the general aperance of it. Does anyone have a clue??

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110220_222904.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110220_222904.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 204
I was looking that up and I agree... that's what it kinda looks like... they are just as bad as the glass nems right???

Sorry took so long guys but here is a better pic. And in the time fro, my last message I have spotted a few more and some other stuff I am not certain of....!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110224_023543.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110224_023543.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 111
  • ForumRunner_20110224_023636.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110224_023636.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 115
I am going to stick with my first post and tell you it is majano anemones. do a google search and you will see many pic's and youtube vedio on how to get red of them

I would have to agree. Majanos. Get some Joe's Juice and deal with them while they are small and you can get to them.

I am going to stick with my first post and tell you it is majano anemones. do a google search and you will see many pic's and youtube vedio on how to get red of them

kalkwasser paste or joes juice in a syringe will kill anything, if applied correctly. you have to be generous with it. a nice glob right on the mouth, then another on the shriveling body after it closes up on the initial dose. i've never seen any aptasia or majano live through this.

Joe's Juice will kill them....as I have done. You squirt it right onto the oral disk and voila, no more majano. Bigger ones will need more and/or more than one application.

I've taken out xenia with Joe's Juice. If you ever try to cut that stuff out of your tank, the smallest piece left on the rock will grow back into a new one. After the cut you apply some juice and then the xenia won't come back.

Joes juice will not kill them. From what i have read at least

I think that's what they are too... as I do my home work and try and read on everything I can! I just got aptasia x and killed off a lot that I had growing and have one treatment tonight to get the ones that I miissed last time ( which are two very very small ones) that hopefully my two peppermint shrimp will eat them as I think they have sevral other small ones...

Thanks guys! Are they similer to glass nems and shoot off pores when they retract ?

Also I have a lot of new pics of frags and other corol life in my ttank that I wanted to know what they are.... id greatly appreciate if some of u can take 5 min. Out of your day and check them out! I posted them under the 'identification section'

Back
Top Bottom