GSP closed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone tell me what can cause Green Star Polyps to suddenly close up and not re-open for a few days?
I test my water weekly and have found no changes that can attribute to this.
We did have three days of over 95 degree heat outside and my house was hot. Temp. in tank went to 82-for two days.
My other corals are looking great, especially my Torch Torch has grown quite a lot and my one month old ricordea has split to three parts.

Its pretty common for GSP to close... it could be for a number of reasons such as growth, irritation, or it doesnt like the amount of lighting or flow. Was it fine before the temp went up? What type of lighting and flow do you have? Is there a snail or a pest on it?

Mine recently closed for almost a week, then came back and had I growth spurt, blow any detritus off it, it may surprise you

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What exactly are your parameters? I find that most commonly softies react to low alk before any other corals.

I am away on work travel , tomorrow I'll post my parameters-when I can look at my journal. My lights are stock lights BioCube. I did see that my son had turn off the blue moon lights by accident for three days.

Back
Top Bottom