GSP Polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They could be GSP. Check around the base of the polyps. If it's GSP they will have a communal mat that connects them.

Looks like you also have some aiptasia in there as well. You might want to take care of those.

That is GSP for sure. It's stretched out like that because it is reaching for the light. Eventually it will spread and cover the rock completely. I agree with Jaybird about getting that aiptasia under control.

Thanks ya it is gsp It is matted should i put it higher so it has more light?
And I am trying to keep the aiptasia under control if you saw my tank to beging you would be screaming lol But I have been buying aiptasia x and injecting them

Give it some more light and flow. Becareful with the flow. Not because it will harm them, but because they seem to do well with high flow (at least mine do). And if they are doing well they can quickly cover a large area. A much larger area than you may wish. These things are like xena. They can take over an area if you are not careful.

I've never tried aiptasiaX, but I didn't think you had to inject it. I thought it was pretty much the same product as Joe's Juice. If so, you just eject it out of the dull syringe over the top of the oral disk. Too much risk if you inject them. They can eject planula (read aiptasia "seeds") if stressed. Better to cover the oral disk, stopping the planula, and killing the entire thing at once.

Back
Top Bottom