Guess That Species!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK. Here's the next one.
pscol_u0.jpg

No guesses yet?? If you want a clue or two, it's a species I described. In fact, it's the first species I ever described ... the photo is of one of the original specimens.

Saltwater species are, to say the least, not my forté.

Tony, are you a taxonomist? Or an ichthyologist? Or am I just making up words?

Very cool. It certainly gives you an edge hehe.
Yes, that's the reason I don't often guess at the species. I mainly come on and give hints if people are struggling with an identification. Having said that, I'm not all that good on many of the freshwater groups. I am impressed with how many species some of the players know.

Tony

anyone for the darkish purple african? ��
*sigh*

This is not an identification thread. This is a game where the person who successfully guesses the last fish posts the next one.

You should post your question in the cichlid forum.

My apologies new to the forum! Still trying to work it all out and I saw this so gave it a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It seems like you're not alone Fishobsessed7. I guess I may as well give the answer then: Pseudoplesiops collare. It's not a common fish ... I'm aware of only 4 museum specimens, all from deep water in Indonesia. It has been recently recorded from the vicinity of Cebu, Philippine Islands, but from what I can see in the photos of fish from there, they appear to represent a closely related, but new species.

So here's another one to identify. Still marine (sorry freshwater people!), and one that lives in my neck of the woods.
rw_090722-5719.jpg

Back
Top Bottom