Guess That Species!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol it would probably be you two posting pictures and the other getting it on the first try XD we wouldn't stand a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry, I got bored with work! I usually refrain from guessing - except for sometimes providing cryptic clues for everyone else. I guess I need to post a new one. (It's a species I described, which will make it easier.)

Tony
Chcli_u0.jpg

This may be really really...really very stupid but it looks like some sort of Hawkfish with the eye and pupil shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dalto has it. I named it clibanarius (Latin for soldier clad in mail) because of the unusual dark edging on the body scales. (I also gave it the common name chainmail dottyback). Speaking of dottyback names, today I will be getting school kids to help name another new species of dottyback (of the genus Lubbockichthys). They will get the opportunity to nominate names and vote on them. The winning name will be used for the new species, which will be described in a publication next year.

Your turn again dalto.

Tony

Here my latest offering....

Attachments

• mystery-fish-8.jpg
    mystery-fish-8.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom