Guess the plant again please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got this plant from Russia and have no clue if it exists here or if you guys know the name of it. See if you can help....20180106_153724.jpg

I think it looks closer to the crypt, thanks for the answers. the leaves are really soft so it wouldn't be a anubias.

It needs feeding a little [emoji846] I guess you only just bought it?

Edit: the new leaf looks promising.

No, im basically putting it to its limits (stupidly) first I had it in the current aquarium (36 bowfront) then put it in a 20 dirted which it did amazing in and grew all these leaves. Now i put it back in the 36 with a bunch of root tabs because It looks amazing and the aquarium is in the living room not like the 20 in the basement lol.

No, im basically putting it to its limits (stupidly) first I had it in the current aquarium (36 bowfront) then put it in a 20 dirted which it did amazing in and grew all these leaves. Now i put it back in the 36 with a bunch of root tabs because It looks amazing and the aquarium is in the living room not like the 20 in the basement lol.

It’s a nice plant. Crypts do very well in soil.

View attachment 306176

Check this example soil tank out.

***disclaimer, not my tank permission to post granted by owner***

Fish health second to none.

Rummy nose are from 2010. Emperor tetras are all descended from the original stock from 1995.

On the left is Crinum natans an original from 1995, as are the Crypts.

Fish that have bred in this tank over the years, lemon tetra, X-ray tetra, emperor tetra, purple emperor tetra, white clouds, silvertip tetra, praecox rainbow, live bearers obviously, shrimps are getting out of hand, and possibly some of the oldest Amano shrimps around at 17 years! Not bred obviously.

Water changes......since 2000 the most this tank has received is 50% every six months, but in reality it’s much less than that. This includes an experimental period of around five years with no changes.

Water quality is much better than tap.
Zero nitrate
Stable TDS
Stable pH
Zero phosphate

Fish colour up like they are in soft water.......

Tank has a very deep substrate, nearly 10cm deep that hasn’t been siphoned or disturbed since 2000.

Still tubifex living in the substrate added many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom