Guppie not eating/Clear stringy Feces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmhoskins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a guppie that won't eat anything but brine shrimp and he has been having clear stringy feces which I read is constipation. Definitely not a parasite since the feces is like a long clear string not white and definitely not moving. I have been giving them peas and tropical flake food and he swims near the food but doesn't eat.

Any Advice?

these actually are symptoms of parasites.... i had the same problem with my guppies not eating, getting skinny, and having clear and stringy feces. i used General cure and Erythromycin, but i had to get them to eat the medicine....So, i bought frozen blood worms, when they defrost it produces a red liquid. I took a flake food, the medicine and mixed it all together with the blood worms and the liquid , let it sit for 10 min and fed it to them.... (this way they have no choice but to eat the medicine) they were back to normal in 5 days. Good luck

Yes, medicated fish flakes help with getting the medication into them! Some fish seem to be often with parasites, Guppies are one of them. I just literally bout flake food from Ken's fish food online. I prefer fenbendazole but the shipping from Angels plus is around 15. at least when I planned to make an order. A member here used to sell it, but not for a few years now.

My SW fish are needing this, but I intend to share it with the rest of the fish as I have been out for awhile. It WAS my normal procedure to treat new fish while in QT. Until I ran out of dewormer food.

Fenbendazole can be found in a easily mixed liquid, Safeguard Goat dewormer. Which can be also used in killing Planaria and Hydra in tanks. I have used in delicate shrimp tanks, in reduced doses.

Many choices.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom