Guppies and live plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iw ould at least switch to a 5 gallon and get 6 neons and be done with it. 2.5 gallon is really a small tank.

move the guppies out. Put only neon tetras in there. Don't forget that neon tetras don't like bright light!!

ok, i'll wait on the tetras then... im going to wait until i get my plants going, and then im going to get it all set up in my 10 gallon, i'll get some neon tetras and some side suckers...

Ammonia out of control?? In a pond?? The water would have turned green and eat up all ammonia and nitrites. Is it a new pond?

Anyway, if you want neons, you can add some(they are schooling fish, you'll need at least six which i don't recommend due to the small tank). The biological load might get up quickly if you overfeed.
Did you cycle the tank?

+ you should make some allowance for guppy fry(maybe invest in another small tank)

it was a new pond, it did turn green, then they got a UV sterlizer, and the water turned cloudy, i think im going to get a 5 gallon for the tetras, and keep my 2.5 gallon in my closet on a shelf...

Hey. That's going too much!! Suckers get BIG and pollute much! They need their own food too.
If you make such a setup, you're going to mess up your tank, killing every fish due to high bio load.

As for ponds, I don't really care about green water. The only bad thing is that you don't see the fish. The water parameters are always good! and if your fish breed, the fry will get much food in there

Back
Top Bottom