Guppies and Platys anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know there is a special forum for "trades" and what not but I am desperate!

This is my situation (some of you already have an idea of it). I received an overstocked tank- WAY over stocked. Right now in a 40 gal tank there are prolly 100 guppies and platys- some of which are pregnant.

None of my lfs will take them off my hands and all I can do is-
1. Keep about 40 fish in the 40 gal (I know thats pushing overstocked, but i don't have much of a choice)
2. Put about 10-15 fish in my 29 gallon
3. Give about 20 fish to my friend who has a 20 gal.

If *ANYONE* wants however many free guppies or platys and are willing to pay for shipping or close enough to pick up- *OR* have an idea of how I can fix this situation- please please please contact me =o)

Thanx!

Have you got an aquarium near by? Not a fish shop but an actual aquarium that doesn't sell fish, just for display. I think they'll happily take the 20 or so fish off your hands

Hmmm. Good idea, Im not sure where the closest aquarium is other than the Dallas Aquarium. That is something I will look into *nod*

Thanx for the advice!

*bangs head on keyboard*

geocities won't let me post them on a message board. I would upload them to my photo gallery but my camera is being weird.

I don't want to kill them, because if that were the case I would have already flushed them.

Skys- If there is a way to ship them to you and you don't plan on using them as oscar food, I will give you 30 guppies =o)

Guppies

Hi. Feeding them to an Oscar is not killing them. You're just completing the natural cycle of aquatic life. Big fish eat little fish. Yum-yum-yummy! Flushing them is killing them, since no purpose is served. - Just my 2 cents! - Frank

I just feel bad, I don't want to "play god." Because I do plan on keeping as many as I can.

Besides, I don't want an Oscar =o)

Back
Top Bottom