Guppies in a 5 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sillyshortee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think I've decided I'd like to get guppies for my 5 gallon tank, what do you all think? How many should I put in here? Should I get a Cory catfish to help clean up as well?

sorry, guppies or Cory's really shouldn't be in a tank that small, shrimp or a betta would work! And Cory's prefer groups of 5+

Get a bigger tank! Or...... Celestial pearl danios! You could do 5/6! They're awesome little fish

The tank is 20-30, a stock lid and light is $35, fo you have filters and all the other stuff? They sell kits too, they're ok for a lightly stocked plant less tank.. If you want to full stock it you should double up on filters..

I have a filter but it's for my 5 gallon. I have some gravel left over, I think, it might be enough to fill up a 10 or 15. I'm just not sure because I don't have a lot of space in my room. The 5 gallon fits perfectly on my desk, I think a 10 or 15 might hang off the edge of my desk a little.

Guppys would be ok in a 10, depending where you go.. Petco sells a 13 widescreen tank that would be good for guppys , they like to go all over the tank and it's kind of tall, they also like bubbles, they play in them.. Fun stuff.. Just be very picky in selecting your fish, a lot if guppys are poorly bred and will just die for no good reason a week after you get them! Cycle your tank too;) good luck!

Hehe thanks. I really don't want to have to get another tank. The 5 gallon fits perfectly in my room. I have an idea where a 10 or 15 could fit but i would probably have to build a shelf or something to set it on. I just don't know what fish will fit in my 5 gallon. Most people tell me to upgrade. I just want to know what fits in what I have. I don't really want another Betta or shrimp.

Look at nano fish! Like I mentioned earlier celestial pearl danios are cool..

I prefer the look of the danio to the gourami. I need to check with rifts to reefs to see if they carry them. I really don't know if I want to try ordering fish online just yet.

Back
Top Bottom