Guppies Not Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Male Guppy doesn't seem intrested in My Female Guppy and just swims away when Female Guppy comes close.

Theres 3 Female Guppies and 2 Male Guppies I think thats enough parnters to go around. :D

Davies97 said:
Theres 3 Female Guppies and 2 Male Guppies I think thats enough parnters to go around. :D

Just a suggestion. How big is your tank? Well then maybe they will switch up partners .

Fishie said:
Just a suggestion. How big is your tank? Well then maybe they will switch up partners .

54 Litre Juwel Korall 60 Brilliant Tank to get started. As I consider my self as a Beginner

Maybe they've been there done that when the lights were out LOL

gestation period for guppies is about 28 days so you may be waiting for a little while for babies if they have been 'together'

Shay said:
Maybe they've been there done that when the lights were out LOL

Yeah Maybe. I have heard splashing in the water when I'm lying in bed :D

haha ive never had guppies so i do not know the breeding behavior of them but my guess is that if it did happen you just missed it

BHead707 said:
haha ive never had guppies so i do not know the breeding behavior of them but my guess is that if it did happen you just missed it

Thanks For Your Help

Livebearer breeding happens almost instantly, so it's not some kind of ritual that you can watch really. If you have adult males and adult females then keep them healthy and happy and you will have fry in a few weeks.

jetajockey said:
Livebearer breeding happens almost instantly, so it's not some kind of ritual that you can watch really. If you have adult males and adult females then keep them healthy and happy and you will have fry in a few weeks.

Sorry I just looked up at my tank and they started mating just like that. Weird

Keep a few tanks of guppys with several males and females, there's times when I pull a few select females from a tank and put a standout from the bachelor pad in with them. Never see or notice much interaction, no worries though a month later there's oodles of fry.

Back
Top Bottom