Guppy babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish56

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a female a few days ago I didn't notice at first but she was having babies 2 were born and she is still kind of fat will she have more and is it normal for them to skip around with deliveries

Birthing can be a long process for guppies, but it can also be pretty quick. Thing is, she might have been extraordinarily stressed by something while trying to give birth and as such, aborted her pregnancy. Fish have been known to do this.

My guppies just seem to stay fattish after giving birth, they're continually pregnant though, it must be exhausting!

Angelfish56 said:
And how fast do the babies go

It depends on how much feeding, temp, etc. My Molly had grown 1 1/2~ cm in 4 weeks with 4 time a day feeding and temp at 78

I have 5 momma guppies that have started putting the food in their mouth and spitting it out and hanging around the heater. Also they aren't swimming as fast as normal,mostly just floating and swimming kinda slow. Their black dots have gotten bigger and almost rectangle. From what I've read this is the last stages of preganancy.Is this true? I want to be sure before I move them over to their fry tank.

I have 5 momma guppies that have started putting the food in their mouth and spitting it out and hanging around the heater. Also they aren't swimming as fast as normal,mostly just floating and swimming kinda slow. Their black dots have gotten bigger and almost rectangle. From what I've read this is the last stages of preganancy.Is this true? I want to be sure before I move them over to their fry tank.

Lets not high jack someone else's thread but yes this is the last stage.

I agree with Fishman, I feed mine 6 times a days with Hikari first bites and boys are they big!

Lynmcoy you should started up your own thread, instead of writing into someone elses answer you will get better responses since this is about fry and not pregnant guppies.

I agree with Fishman, I feed mine 6 times a days with Hikari first bites and boys are they big!

Lynmcoy you should started up your own thread, instead of writing into someone elses answer you will get better responses since this is about fry and not pregnant guppies.

i like your signature, There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, Things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people that we can't live without but have to let go

guppy babies

I'm sorry, it's my first time with guppy labor and I have no experience with it. It won't happen again.

Fishman13 said:
Lets not high jack someone else's thread but yes this is the last stage.

He wasn't highjacking the thread, he was asking a question that is on topic.

Angelfish56, you and I are in the same boat. Do you know how mature she is? It is my guppies first birth and she only popped out four on the 13th and she still looks huge now. From everything I've looked up, it's not uncommon for the first batch of fry to be little. Also the first birth may be harder on the female and there are cases where they have a couple and then a week later have the rest. I put mine in a breeder trap last night (I don't like them but she is being harassed by the males) the next morning she looked way slimmer but I didn't see any more fry. It's a drop down trap so I doubt she ate any if she had more. Now tonight she is back to being fat..weird. Just wait and see what happens, good luck!

Fishman13 said:
i like your signature, There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, Things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people that we can't live without but have to let go

Lol, thanks!

She's starting to get fat again

Attachments

• image-3232571697.jpg
    image-3232571697.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 46
  • image-2508551861.jpg
    image-2508551861.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom