Guppy back seems to be broken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turtle71

Aquarium Advice Activist
My guppy mom gave birth to 50 healthy fry nine days ago. But she is doing really bad since then.
Her back seems to be broken and useless. For the first few days she sat on the gravel and the platys did harass her so I put her into a hospital tank. Now she sits on top of tank, eats a little but she looks really sad. I feel bad but would it be best to put an end to it? :(

If she's not shoeing any signs of improvement than it may be the humane thing to do:(

If she's not shoeing any signs of improvement than it may be the humane thing to do:(

She had a really rough birth. It took almost 24 hours to get all the fry out and in the middle was a really long standstill almost blocked. I am thinking of putting her down every evening if no improvement the next morning. but it's so hard.
On the other hand: if she would life in the wild she would be already eaten. I think keeping her alive is selfish.
I just had the tiny hope that someone would say: hey I know that problem. It will be fine in a couple of weeks.
I guess not.

Back
Top Bottom